What are Gastric Disorders
Any complaint which is pertaining to stomach or gastric related, may considered as gastric complaint and there are many gastric related complaints such as Hyperacidity Problem, Peptic Ulcer, Gas or Flatulence, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Hepatitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Gallstones, or constipation, where there are common s...
What are Gastric Disorders
Any complaint which is pertaining to stomach or gastric related, may considered as gastric complaint and there are many gastric related complaints such as Hyperacidity Problem, Peptic Ulcer, Gas or Flatulence, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Hepatitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Gallstones, or constipation, where there are common symptoms which are given under gastric disorders heading, where the patient suffers from gas trouble, gastric discomfort and indigestion.
When an individual is suffering from the above mentioned disorders, he may suffer from gastritis which is explained as disturbance of gastric mucosa that leads to acid secretion and when acid contact stomach nerve endings and the lining of stomach becomes inflamed or swollen, it is called as gastritis. It may be acute or chronic depending on the condition of the patient.
In Ayurveda, Gastric troubles are related with VATA disorders and the VATA which is specially function for food metabolism.
Causes for gastric trouble
Most common causes are certain medications, drinking alcohol, Bacterial infections, autoimmune disorders, bile reflux, cocaine abuse or any drug abuse, stress, viral infections, trauma, other surgery, irregular food habits are most common factors.
Symptoms for Gastric trouble
- Usually symptoms are pertaining to gastric part, such as Loss of appetite, or nausea, or vomiting, pain abdomen, bowel irregularities etc., are common symptoms.
- Other symptoms like bloating, sour belching, intermittent or recurrent headaches, stiffness of calf muscles which are secondary symptoms and when the hyperacidity is severe, these symptoms are noticed.
- Ayurveda science is also mentioning the similar symptoms particularly it is considered as VATA problem.
Diagnosis of Gastric trouble
- There are many methods, and by screening CBC, Anemia, H.Pylori Tests, Stool tests, are done which are common tests done for gastric disturbances.
- Ayurveda method of diagnosis is mainly on symptoms and Doshas and it is also called as APANA VATA and VATA prakriti or constituency.
Treatment for gastric complaints
- Treatment depends on specific cause, and for example one should avoid the medicines that may cause gastric complaints. Similarly, there are many alternative remedies which are found helpful such as in ayurveda, siddha, homeopathy, and other system of medicines.
- In order to avoid risk factors such as ulcers, perforations, blood loss etc., one should plan for preventive measures which are very important.
- Naturopathy is very helpful which is a part of natural remedies where special diet is followed which depends on individuals such as water therapy, colon therapy, fruit diet, fasting, liquid diet etc.
- Ayurveda and Siddha medicines are helpful which include special Panchakarma Treatments, and medicinal treatments which are herbal based. There are many medicines that contains such as Avipattikar Churna which is very effective medicine and should be used accordingly with proper adjuvant and right way to consume Avipattikar Churna is 1tsp with lukewarm water at bed time or consuming the same medicine with honey is also helpful. There are other ayurvedic medicines such as Digestive Churna, Divya Bahera Churna, Divya Gashar Churna, or Lavan Bhaskar churna are the similar medicines. Divya Chitrakadi vati which is very helpful for improving Appetite and Digestion.
- If there is excess Flatulence, one can consume Gaisantak tablet for Gas, Hingwashtak churna for Indigestion and for flatulence.
- If an individual is suffering from Epi-gastric burning sensation, they can consume Sooktyn for Hyperacidity.
- For Constipation, one can consume Love's Triphala or Triphala Churna which is helpful and to be consumed with lukewarm water at bed time which is helpful. Isabgol (Psyllium Husk) which is helpful for constipation.
- Over all, if an individual is suffering from gastric related complaints such as excess flatulence, or any similar disorders then can consume Gastric Trouble & Flatulence Ayurvedic Medicines which is package medicines that contains Divya Gaisahara Churna and Divya Udarkalp Churna which are helpful.
- Other natural remedies include Home remedies where there are many ayurvedic herbs which are available in kitchen such as Hing or Asafetida which is helpful for excess gas formation and the method of usage is to consume 1 or 2 pinch of asafetida with lukewarm water which is also helpful for colic pain. Usage of Fenugreek or Methi in the form of leaves are seeds with warm water or by preparing decoction is helpful for preventing gases.
- Consuming boiled-cooled water which is stored overnight in copper vessel is also helpful when consumed in the morning which relieves constipation also.
- These herbal spices are also used in preparing ayurvedic medicines and there are many herbal medicines which are helpful for gastric related complaints.
Exercising and Yoga for preventing gastric disorders
- One should walk for a convenient distance after consuming food, and practicing yoga and pranayama is also very helpful to improve appetite.
- Following yoga poses are indicated for preventing gastric related complaints such as following Vajrasana, Bhujangasana, Salabhasana, Surya Namaskara, and Shavasana.
- Pranayama, such as Bhastrika Pranayama, Shitali pranayama, Shitkari pranayama, and Yoga Mudra which are helpful.
- There are Bandha’s such as Mula Bandha and Jallundhar Bandha.
- Kunjal Kriya is also beneficial.
- However, one should take help of trainer if an individual is beginner.
Diet for preventing gastric disorders
With the help of natural diet measures, one can control and prevent gastric related disorders, by avoiding the foods which may cause gas complaints and follow proper timings of food intake.
Lifestyle for preventing gastric disorders
Avoiding stress and anxiety in daily activities will help to prevent acidity or gastric related complaints.
Following proper intervals of food intake is helpful and split meals is advised for the individuals who work in shift works.
Regular bathing and maintaining hygiene is also helpful.
Avoid smoking or alcohol, or tobacco chewing which may aggravate the complaints.
Consuming lukewarm water is preferable whenever there is thirst.
Prevention and Precaution for Gastric disorders
- The best way to control gastric related complaints is to follow correct timings of food intake and based on individual’s appetite, one should decide the quantity of food. Usually, as per the science, one should have adequate breakfast which is nutritious which is beneficial to maintain BMI or Basal Metabolic Rate. Avoiding spicy, or greasy foods, sour food items, and gas farming foods like potato, beans, etc., should be avoided.
- Proper chewing of the food is indicated to enhance digestion and avoid talking while consuming food.
- In ayurveda, it is explained in Day-to-Day activities and these points where mentioned in ayurveda text in Ayurvedic way.
- Ayurveda do mentioned regarding the environment of food intake stating clean and fresh atmosphere with proper aeration is indicated.
- If children are suffering from gastric related complaints, there are few limited medicines in ayurveda which are helpful and prefer a consultation with a doctor for proper diagnosis which is very important and prefer smaller dosages of the medicines.
Triphala for Gastric disorders
We recommend you to take light home made meals at proper times. Reduce over eating and take triphala powder daily two times a day with water in the morning and milk in evening. This medicine is very useful for proper functioning of GIT and restores proper secretions for complete digestion. Triphala is very good for acidity, fullness of abdomen, gas and constipation. It prevents ulcer formation and is god for piles and other anorectal diseases. Triphala is a god source of anti oxidants and is a general body tonic. It is non habit forming and safe natural medicine for gastric problems.