Shatavari choorna is useful in General debility, weakness & loss of immunity. It is a best tonic for women for menstrual problems, infertility, lactation, uterus problems, leucorrhoea, vaginal disorders etc. It is also helpful in increasing Breast milk supply. This product is highly nutritious & is of high quality.
Dosage : 1-2 teaspoons twice a day with water or milk.
Available in : 100 grams pack
Note : Shatavari Choorna can be used on a regular basis.
The literal word meaning of Satavari is that a person can get married hundred times or women having hundred husbands or some texts mention as hundred roots. Satavari has a synonym bahusuta which means the capability to have many children. The significant physiological & anatomical difference between a male & female is the presence of female reproductive organs responsible for birth & nursing after the birth of a baby. Satavar helps during the transitional phases that occur in women. This explains the importance of Satavari & its different formulations like Satavari lehyam, Satavari ghrtam or medicines in which it is an ingredient that has helaing power in infertility. It is a common medicine which is used in gynaecological complaints in females but is also good for problems in the male reproductive system. Thus Satavari is a best rejuvenative for the reproductive system in both females & males. It is not only used by young women but also by older age groups also.
- It is very useful in conditions where there is less oestrogen like symptoms like nausea, abdominal cramps, mood swings in premenstrual syndrome, hot flashes, dryness of vagina during menopause.
- It also cleanses the uterus, strengthens the uterus thus making it ready for fertilisation. The health of the uterus is important during impregnation & during the growth of the foetus.
- It helps to increase libido thereby increasing the fertility.
- It helps in leucorrhoea, metrorrhagia, giddiness, tiredness.
- It also helps to increase the flow of urine & manages burning micturition or difficulty in urination, inflammation of the urinary tract.
- It is hepatoprotective thus reducing the symptoms in jaundice & also strengthens the liver.
- It balances the harmones by normalising the decreased oestrogen.
- It is also good for the increase the sukra dhathu thus enhancing fertility in males & also helps in spermatorrhoea.
- It is especially helpful during lactation & increases the breast milk.
- It improves the memory & helps to reduce the burning sensation in the eyes.
- It is also good for heartburn, gastritis, indigestion, diarrhea & irritable bowel syndrome.
- It can be used to strengthen the uterus after miscarriage & also to manage miscarriage.
- It helps to improve the peristaltic movements thereby managing constipation.
- It nourishes the nerves & even helps in the function of the brain with intelligence.
- It helps bronchitis with increased pitta dosha with inflammation of the throat.
- It acts on Sadhaka pitta which thereby reduces palpitation & also acts as cardiotonic.
- It increases the ojas which is the essence of the seven dhathus. It helps to reduce debility & increases the immunity of the body.
- It can be used after hysterectomy to balance the harmones.
Shatavari Choorna Constituents
Satavari choorna is Asparagus racemosus in powdered form. it is a common medicine used by females. Satavari is having sweet & bitter taste, oily heavy quality, cold potency, sweet post digestive effect which helps to decrease pitta, vata dosha. It may increase the kapha slightly. Thus Satavari has nourishing, soothing & cooling properties which help the body & also the mind to heal. It contains sarasapogenin, shatavarin, asparagines, tyrosine, flavonoids, vitamins, anti oxidants & folic acid which has the nourishing effect in the uterus.
Shatavari Choorna Dosage
One to two teaspoon can be taken with milk, honey or warm water after food twice daily. The duration of taking it will depend on the condition. It can be taken for a minimum period for 3-6months for better improvement in the symptoms.
Shatavari Side effects
- There are no known side effects in using this Satavari choornam.
- It can be used during pregnancy & while breast feeding, it can be taken for 3months & then reviewed with a doctor to continue.
Shatavari PrecautionsIf there are any known systemic illness like blood pressure or diabetes check your values & have regular consultations before & while taking it.It may increase weight when you take it for a long time. So watch it & adjust the dosage & duration.Its use in excess can be avoided to use as a single drug or for a long time in oestrogen induced fibrocystic diseases as it may increase oestrogen thereby increasing the growth.
Diet & Life style modificationsEat healthy food with more vegetables & fruits. Phytoestrogen rich foods like soya products, mustard greens, soya, broccoli, cabbage, meat, rice, wheat, cauliflower, healthy fats like olive oil, flax seeds & avocados mimic the structure of estrogen & help to balance the reduced oestrogen thereby relieving the symptoms. This will help to have balance of a healthy harmone promoting health. It also has to be adjusted based on the results of the values of the harmone tests.Avoid refined flour, excess sugar, salt, oil & fried fatty junk foods.Reduce excess alcohol, coffee, tea or carbonated beverages.Drink enough water. Keep your weight under control.Exercise regularly which will help to regulate the harmones & a relief in the symptoms. Excessive exercise will reduce the oestrogen even regular exercise will reduce slightly but the good effects it gives like the cardioprotective effects are greater than the reduced estrogen effects which will improve slowly with good health.Oil massage & Virecana with laxatives or purgatives cleanses the system & helps to function effectively increasing the fertility rate.,
Yoga, asanas & Pranayamam
Yogasanas like Gomukhasana, Paschimottasana, ViparitaKarani, Baddhakonasana, Marichyasana, Trikonasana, Pavanamuktasana, Sarvangasana, Dhanurasana, Bharadwajasana, Janu shirsasana stimulate the uterus, help to strengthen the uterus, improve the quality of the eggs thereby improving the fertility rate.
Pranayamam helps to reduce the stress, improve the circulation in the uterus & increase the oxygenated blood to the uterus thereby strengthening the mind.
Thus it helps to relieve the major stress with infertility problems in a women thereby promoting fertility & improves the lactation naturally. So any gynaecological problems consulted with the doctor & managed accordingly will manage the body & also relieve the stress arising from the harmonal imbalances in different phase of a womens life. With proper medicines, management, diet, exercise, yogasanas & pranayama, most of the gynaecological problems can be effectively managed with Ayurveda medicines.