Maha Triphala Ghrit is useful in eye Diseases & general Eye disorders. A common ghee preparation which is used in Ayurveda medicine for all eye problems. It is effective in so many complaints of the eye. This is prepared by processing herbs in ghee. It helps to improve the vision & the function of the eyes.
Used in ophthalmic diseases, blurred vision, keratitis, itching, strained eyes, conjunctivitis, styes, night blindness. It reduces all three doshas, especially kapha aggravations where there are sluggish bowels, low digestive fire, diabetes & obesity
Packaging size: 200 grams.
Maha Triphala Ghrit Ingredients
- Haritaki - Used in all sorts of eye disorders: inflammation, conjunctivitis.
- Amalaki - Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C essential for eyes & hairs.
- Bibhitaki - It has a particular affinity for the upper body & head. It clears congestion from the eyes, ears, nose & throat. Also indicated for helping to maintain hair growth.
- Vasa -Its ability to clear heat from blood & cool pitta make it a useful herb for eyes inflammation.
- Satavari -It nourishes brain tissues & calms the nerves. It specifically nourishes the brain & reduces vata disorders; spasms, pain & insomnia.
- Bhringaraj -Insomnia & mental agitation from high pitta & vata. It calms stress & reduces tension by tonifying majja dhatu. Bhringaraja increases blood & nourishes the brain & Eyes.
- Pippali -Its ability to nourish majja dhatu, due to its sweet vipaka, helps in vata disorders & also to nourish the brain.
- Guduchi - It provides immunity to the body organs & is a managing herb.
- Draksha - Improves vision, good for eyes, useful in eye disorders.
- Neelakamal - Good tonic for eyes.
- Gambhari -Its fruits bear nourishing qualities, brain tonic while the root is anti inflammatory (reduces pain, swelling, etc).
- Ksheera kakkoli -It regulates the proper functioning of the connective tissues.
- Madukaparni - It is a best herb for brain & memory support. It provides nourishment to the eyes too.
- Nidhigdika - Provides nourishment to the eyes & nervous system.
- kantakari -Used widely in the management of cough, cold, asthma & such other respiratory tract conditions.
- Misri (Sugar) - It makes a taste of the preparation sweeter.
- These herbs are processed in cows ghee & cows milk.
- Cows milk & ghee are sweet in taste, oily, heavy in quality, cold in potency, decreases the excess vata & pitta.
- The qualities of the herbs impart their beneficial properties in relieving the problems in the eyes such as redness, itching, pain. So blurred vision, redness, pain are due to vata, pitta which will be relieved by the proper use of the ghee.
Maha Triphala Ghrit Benefits
- Maha Triphala Ghritis rich in antioxidants, antimicrobial,anti inflammatory,neuro-protective properties.
- It nourishes the tissues, muscle nerves & the other components of the eyes.
- It causes cooling to the eyes.
- It controls glaucoma, cataract in the early stages.
- Helps to relieve eye pain, itching, redness in the eyes.
- Relieves the symptoms of blurred vision in optic nerve compression.
- It is anti-inflammatory which helps in conjunctivitis, uveitis, double vision.
- It improves the vision in short sight, long sight or presbyopia.
- It relieves the irritation due to dryness in the eyes.
- It also helps in retinitis pigmentosa.
- It also helps in night blindness.
- It strengthens the eyes after constant exposure to wind, dust & strain.
- It can be used after surgery to relieve the discomfort.
- It can be used in persons whose nature of work is involved with continuous eyestrain like working in computers, drivers, tailors, welders.
- It is also used after injuries like in traumatic optic nerve injuries.
- It also shows improvement in conditions astigmatism, amblyopia, blurred vision due to eye floaters.
- It can also be used in hair fall, dandruff, chronic dry eczema, gastritis.
- It also helps to manage inflammatory mouth ulcers or dry wound faster.
Maha Triphala Ghrit Dosage
Maha Triphala Ghrit should be taken 3 - 12 grams twice a day.
For Internal use
It is mainly used for intake & can be taken as 1 teaspoon with hot/warm milk or water in the morning & at bed time before sleep.
- It can be applied externally because of its cooling effects.
- It is used in Sneha pana, Netra basti, nasya & also in enema.
- Netra basti is a common management done in Ayurveda hospitals by making a fence with a paste of black gram around the eyes & filling it with Maha triphala ghrtam & leaving it for 10-20 min.
Maha Triphala Ghrit Side effects
- There are no known side effects found after using this product. There have been so many researches conducted to study its efficacy in managing eye disorders.
- If there is an existing indigestion problem it will increase the indigestion & also large dose may cause diarrhoea in some people.
It is useful in the first stages in some chronic conditions. Once the symptoms are mature there will not be any change. But this can be used to improve the general health of the eyes. Please discuss the prognosis of your condition with your ophthalmologist.
If you have any systemic illness like cholesterol, diabetes, cardiac problems, blood pressure please consult your doctor & check the values once in 3 month.
Life style suggestions
- Eat healthy food with more vegetables & fruits. Include carrots, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, brussels sprouts, cabbage, gooseberry, pumpkin & sweet potatoes which are healthy for the eyes.
- Do not strain the eyes; try to take breaks in between.
- Sleep well for a good rest to the eyes.
- Watch television in a well lit room with a reasonable distance from the television.
- Do some simple eye exercises or mild physical exercises which also help to reduce the pressure.
- Eye exercises like closing, opening, moving the eyeballs, looking near & far things in a relaxed way, palming with the hands can be done.
- As it happens due to the loss of muscle tone & elasticity these exercise will help to correct it & improve the vision.
- In case of glaucoma, avoid forward bending movements of the head that increases the pressure in the eyes.
Yogasanas & Pranayam
Yoga asanas, Pranayamam, Meditation helps to relax the eyes. Yogasanas like Padmasana, Vajrasana, Sukhasana can be done closing the eyes. After finishing, you can lie down in Savasana to give rest to the eyes & the body. Pranayamam practised in nature along with eye exercises will improve the circulation & the vision. Meditation done closing the eyes is totally beneficial for the eye.