Femiforte tablet is an ayurveda medicine made to be used for Leukorrhoea (Excessive Vaginal Discharge or White Discharge)
Femiforte Tablets IndicationsAbnormal or Excessive Vaginal discharge(EVD) occurring by itself or associated with pregnancy & gynecological surgery.EVD with infection use Femiforte & without infection Femiplex.
Dosage : General: Two tablets thrice a day for minimum three weeks. It may be continued further in certain patients.
Femiforte Tablets BenefitsSimulates astringent action in vaginal mucosa & reduce excessive vaginal discharge in the vaginal tract.Overcomes malodorReduces pelvic congestion & relieves pruritus vulvae.Restores vaginal pH
Available in: 2 strips / 60 tablets.
Leucorrhoea is commonly known as white discharge. It is a disease of women in the genital area, where there is a white discharge from the vagina. Even its name in Sanskrit, shwetapradara, consists of two words - shweta meaning "white" & pradara which means "discharge".
Definition of leukorrhea (Shwetapradara)
Leucorrhoea is simply defined as a whitish discharge in the female vaginal tract. The discharge may be a good flow, or it could be sticky & lumpy. In most women, the nature of the download changes as they age or if you travel a lot.
Vaginal discharge is a normal, healthy women to some extent. The download is actually a form of all the spent fluid & dead cells in the vaginal tract, along with other toxic materials are removed continuously from the vagina. In a healthy woman, the downloads are whitish. But if the discharge is dark, then medical attention is required.
Although shwetapradara literally means "white discharge", the state of health refers to the serious situation that there is some abnormality in how the download. The following are situations in which shwetapradara be managed: -
- The download is very heavy & difficult to stop, even with pads.
- The download is not pure white, but gray-white, yellow or green, brown or rust colored.
- There is a stinging sensation in the vagina after the download.
Causes of leukorrhea (Shwetapradara)
There are a variety of reasons due to which leucorrhoea may occur in women. The following are some well-known causes: - Fungal infection - a fungus like yeast, can cause an infection of the vaginal tract, resulting in vaginal discharge. When the woman is infected by a fungus, the discharge is thick & white accompanied by a stinging sensation. This type of discharge is called as candidiasis. Sexually transmitted diseases - some STDs can cause vaginal discharge in women. The most popular of this type of sexually transmitted disease trichomoniasis. These downloads are green or yellow. Health hygiene habits - Share toiletries, especially in public restrooms, can cause an infection of the vagina, resulting in leucorrhoea. This is also seen by staff as forgetting forgetting to remove a tampon or a diaphragm. Women who rely heavily on vaginal medications are often victims of leukorrhea. Pelvic inflammatory disease - pelvic problems, including pelvic inflammatory disease can cause vaginal discharge. The pelvis can become inflamed due to infection. The conditions of the disease - Women who suffer from diseases such as tuberculosis or severe anemia can download their vagina. This is most commonly seen in women who have little resistance to disease & live a frugal diet. The problems of the cervix - There are two kinds of problems with the cervix, cervical erosion & cervical polyps can cause vaginal discharge. Leukorrhea as is generally the next most abundant sex. The discharge is brown & resembles clotted blood.
The stress & tension - at least a portion of the vaginal discharge may be psychosomatic. Women living under severe stress & worries develop vaginal discharge.
Kapha dosha is the humor that keeps the balance of the contents of fluid in the body with respect to the outside atmospheric balance. Kapha dosha vice in the cause of human body fluids to seep into the outside world. This is exactly what happens in shwetapradara. Therefore, one can clearly see why labels such as Ayurveda or leukorrhea shwetapradara kapha dosha disorder.
Types of leukorrhea (Shwetapradara)
Different types of vaginal discharge is classified according to the colors of their discharges & their causes. The following table summarizes these types of vaginal discharge: -
Type of Leucorrhea
Color of the discharge
Sexually Transmitted Leucorrhea
Sexually transmitted diseases such as trichomoniasis.
Yellowish or greenish discharge.
Infection by a fungus
Thick & white, accompanied by an itchy sensation.
Erosion or formation of a polyp in the cervix.
Brown or rusty discharge resembling blood.
Mental stresses & tensions.
Profuse whitish discharge.
Complications with the pelvis such as the infectious pelvic inflammatory disease.
Whitish discharge with a pain in the lumbar (lower back) region
The symptoms of vaginal discharge (Shwetapradara)
The most prominent symptom of vaginal discharge is an anomaly in the general discharge from the vagina. The download can be any of the following: -
- Darker than usual, mostly yellow, green or brown
- White, but abundant in quantity
- The download is accompanied by a tingling or pain in the lower abdomen.
In severe cases that are not managed for a long time, the discharge can start from the anal area as well. These discharges are itchy & painful in the genital & anal area.
Complications due to leukorrhea (Shwetapradara)
Leucorrhoea is a very common problem, if nipped in the bud. At the slightest hint of any anomaly in the performance, consult a physician. The management carried out checks in time the problem within a couple of days.
A point to note is that no self-medication should be done in the case of vaginal discharge. Many creams, ointments & tablets on the market, but should only be used under the supervision of a qualified gynecologist. Some women are allergic to certain types of drugs used in leucorrhoea. This could cause infection & complicate the matter further. Therefore, management is better than manage.
Transmission of leukorrhea (Shwetapradara)
Leucorrhoea is transmitted by the yeast-like fungus, it is very easy to transfer from one woman to another. This could happen when a woman's clothes come in contact with infected clothing of a healthy woman. For this reason, it is important to clean the inner self & a good quality detergent which has bactericidal & fungicidal properties.
Leucorrhoea may be the result of unprotected sex. A man with unclean genitals can infect the female genital organs, causing leukorrhea in it.
Management of leukorrhea (Shwetapradara)
There are many steps a woman should take to manage vaginal discharge. Some of these highlights are as follows: -
- Genital hygiene is of main importance. Wash your genitals during swimming. Let the water run freely on the folds of the vulva & anus. After bathing, dry regions with a clean towel on your own. Do not let the moisture retained in the genital or anal area after bathing.
- Drink lots of water helps in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Be very particular about cleaning the anal area after defecation.
- If your clothes get wet in the rain, the change immediately. This includes your underwear & lingerie.
- Nylon is not a good material, especially in the summer because it keeps the sweat in the genital area. Cotton is an ideal material for underwear.
- To be doubly sure that your partner is free from any infection if you are planning to have sex with him. You & your partner should wash the genital area before & after the event. You can do this part of the work & increases sexual arousal.
- If you masturbate, make sure your fingers are completely clean. This applies to all other sex toys & objects that can be inserted into the vagina during masturbation.
- Do not unnecessarily use any cosmetics, powders & perfumes in the genital area.
- Make stress busting exercises frequently. Take a walk or jog early in the morning. If the body is free of stress, resistance to disease is relieved.
Diet for the Management of leukorrhea (Shwetapradara)
The following is an ideal diet for a woman suffering from leucorrhoea: -
- Sugar should be avoided if there is a heavy discharge. This also applies to all sugary foods like candy, cakes, custards, ice creams & desserts.
- Mushrooms should be avoided, as are fungi themselves. Some fungi can cause pollution.
- Hot & spicy foods make things more complicated for the agni, i.e. digestive fire of the body. Therefore, it should be minimized in the diet.
- Alcohol should be avoided completely.
- Instead, fresh curd should become an integral part of the diet. Curds help easy digestion of food. Curd containing lactic acid, which can reduce the download. In addition, curds have a cooling effect on the human body.
DO'S & DON'TSA brisk walk in the morning is advised. Sanitary & hygienic measures should be followed.Intake of supari (Arecanut) after taking food is very useful.Wear comfortable fitting panties & also preferably cotton ones to ensure air circulation.Clean affected area two times in a day with water.
Don'tsAvoid fried & spicy food recipes. Avoid fasting.Avoid sour things specially pickles & curds.Avoid sex during the attack of the disease.Reduce anxiety & stress.