Haridrakhand is benefits in Urticaria, Allergic skin disorders, other skin diseases etc. It is a very effective remedy in controlling Urticaria.
Composition : Haridra, Trifla, Trikatu, Nisoth, Nagar Motha, Ajowan, Kutki, Chitrak, Ela, Dalchini, Jirak, Dhania, Ajamoda, Sugar etc with Lauha & Abhrak Bhasam.
Dosage : 1 to 2 teaspoonful 2 to 3 times a day with water.
Available in : 100 grams.
Urticaria is inflammation of the skin characterized by eruptions. It is also considered an allergic reaction that maybe acute, chronic or recurrent.
Symptoms of Urticaria
- Fever, digestive disturbances & prostration are other symptoms.
- The disease may affect either part of the whole body.
- Raised red & white patches appear on the skin, accompanied by intense itching, stinging & burning.
- The eruptions may fade & then appear in other place.
- The eruptions vary in size & shape.
- They maybe rounded or irregular & often surrounded by a reddened zone.
Causes of Urticaria
- Certain foods like mushrooms, strawberries, cucumber, nuts, fish, eggs, butter & digestive disorders are the main cause of urticaria.
- Emotional excitement, & bites of bees, flea, bed bugs, wasps & mosquitoes are other factors.
- Toxemia, drugs like aspirin, penicillin, quinine, turpentine.
Natural Management of Urticaria
- Avoid exposure to cold weather & cold water.
- Avoid all foods that are difficult to digest.
- Adopt an all-fruit diet for 5 days. Administer warm water enema. Drink liberal quantities of hot water. Gradually get onto a well-balanced diet with emphasis on raw vegetable & fresh fruit.
- Then throat should be tickled to induce vomiting. It provides relief & manages eruption.
- Fresh air, sunlight is very essential for management of urticaria.
- Turmeric is a valuable home remedy with antiseptic properties. Mix 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in water & take it at regular intervals.
- Salt provides relief in urticaria with digestive disorders. About 12 grams of salt should be dissolved in water & drunk.
- Mint relieves itching in urticaria. About 7 grams of mint & 25 grams of brown sugar should be boiled & drunk.
- Using rose water in vinegar helps relieve severe itching in urticaria. Mix about 35 milliliters of rose water with 25 milliliters of vinegar & apply it to the affected parts.