- Shankhpushpi Syrup enriched with Brahmi gives strength to nervous system.
- It refreshes your mind, by that remembrance & recall become very easy & mind work sharply.
- It reduces stress & makes you able to work for long time.
- It helps to concentrate those who are in studies easily compete in this competitive world.
- Shankhpushpi syrup is very much beneficial for studying children as it helps in improving memory.
Packing size: 200 ml bottle.
For Children : 1 2 tsp can be taken after food twice daily for 3 - 6 months depending on the necessity.
For Adults : 2- 3 tsp can be taken after food twice daily for 3 6 months.
In chronic conditions it can be taken with a break after consulting the doctor. As with the syrup base, diabetics must not take them whereas tablets or powder form can be used which are available without sugar. It has to be taken continuously for specified periods for better benefits.
Shankhpushpi Syrup for Memory
Shankhpushpi increases the intellect by nourishing the brain. It is almost present as an ingredient in all mind or memory boosters. Brain is an amazing organ in the human body which controls so many activities like thinking, reasoning, movements, temperature control, understanding the perception & processing information.
Ayurveda mentions brain as the seat of mind which is responsible for memory, intellect & also handles the emotional aspects. In todays modern world with so many advancements in technology, we tend to use our brain less & rather use automatic reminders in our mobile or email with alerts. The same happens with children when they watch too much of television or play too much video games the brain activity in the left side shifts to the right side which makes it inactive. It also interrupts with the neural connections.
Brain is similar to muscle the more we use it the more we gain. So physiologically this syrup will be more essential for children, aged people who needs some supplements for better function of mind. So with proper nutrients Shankhapushpi syrup will help to improve with the mental performance.
Ingredients & composition
- Shankapuspi Convulvulus pluricaulis
- Brahmi - Bacopa Monneiri
These two herbs are commonly used brain herbs with their special properties helping in improving memory power. Sankapuspi is pungent, astringent in taste, hot in potency, heavy, mild laxative, oily in quality. Brahmi is bitter, astringent in taste, cold in potency, sweet in post digestive effect which is good for kapha, pitta doshas.
Brain consumes over 20% of all nutrients & the oxygen we consume & glucose, sucrose, glycosides, alkaloids, antioxidants helps to nourish the brain cells.Shakhapushpi provides all the nutrients reqired for brain.
Shankhpushpi Uses & Indications
- It nourishes the brain cells thereby improving concentration, memory, reasoning, grasping power, intelligence, retention of memory which helps for a better performance in school or at work.
- It can be used in Attention deficit hyperactivity disorders, children with low intelligence or learning difficulties.
- It reduces the distractions which happen normally due to tired brain cells.
- It reduces the stress, anxiety of the mind, induces better sleep.
- It can also be used in chronic conditions like autism, schizophrenia, epilepsy, depression, phobic attacks to strengthen the mind.
- It also helps to reduce the physical fatigue & improves appetite thereby helping weight gain.
- It strengthens the nervous system & improves speech difficulties or other functions controlled by the brain.
- It also supports to control blood pressure, cholesterol by improving the digestion & circulation.
- It helps in hypothyroidism & hyperthyroidism by improving & balancing the metabolism with its properties which can act as a supplement along with other medicines.
- It helps to control some skin conditions with ulcers.
- It is also a analgesic which helps in arthritic pain to some extent.
- There are no known side effects in taking this syrup.
- But if there is any noticeable discomfort, please consult your doctor.
PrecautionsYou can consult your doctor with any pre-existing conditions or if you are under any medications.Normally there are no drug interactions & it can be taken along with other allopathy medicines.In case where the symptoms are serious, you can also consult a doctor which may need other medications also.Do not stop any allopathy medicines without consulting your doctor.
Diet & Life style suggestions
- A proper nutritious diet is essential for a healthy body & mind. Eat healthy food with whole grains, fruits, vegetables, omega fatty acids like flax seeds, olive oil. Include foods like avocados, green tea, garlic, spinach, pomegranate, dark chocolate, cinnamon, turmeric & ghee, which are healthy for brain & also beneficial for the health.
- Avoid too much sugars, salt, oil & junk unhealthy food.
- Physical exercise is very important along with mental exercises. So children must be allowed to play out doors like playing cricket, foot ball, running. Also writing, reading, playing chess, scrabbles, learning spellings, art work will help the dendrites grow which helps in judgement, planning, retrieving, self control with a better intelligence.
- Creative plays or writing will help children to imagine & be curious.
- Sleep is essential as during sleep the information stored in the hippocampus is transferred to the cortex without which you will feel tired & confused.
- Try to reduce stress like family conflicts, misunderstandings which is always a barrier for a healthy body & mind.
Yoga, asanas & Pranayama
General Yogasanas like padmasana, sukhsasana, vajrasana, pavanamuktasana, trikonasana, dhanurasana, sarvangasana, shirsasna, surya namaskaram can be done.
This will improve the blood circulation, exercise the muscles & increase the intake of fresh oxygen.
Children & aged people can practise milder or modified versions with some gentle movements.
Pranayamam with breathing exercises like anuloma, viloma, kaplabhati, bhrmari increase the intake of oxygen & nourish & help the brain cells to function better. Meditation also has shown very good improvement in the mental functions.
Thus even though intelligence has a genetic influence which cannot be changed but it can be improved with proper medicines, diet, exercise, yogasanas, pranayamam if practiced regularly. So in todays competitive world with so much pressure, it is our duty to take care of our childrens brain power to excel in studies, exams or work. We should be spending enough time with kids, educating them & helping them to follow with good disciplines, with affection which will help them in all physical & mental aspects of development.