Candidiasis is an infection caused by a group of microscopic fungi or yeast. There are more than 20 species of Candida, the most common being Candida albicans. These fungi live on all surfaces of our bodies. Under certain conditions, they can become so numerous they cause infections, particularly in warm and moist areas. Examples of such infections are vaginal yeast infections, thrush, skin and diaper rash, and nailbed infections.
Causes of Candida or Candidiasis (Yeast infection)
- Usually starts in GI tract, then moves to the blood and other organs. Candida is generally caused by weak digestion due to ama (toxins).
- Excessive use of sugars, drugs, antibiotics, frequent colds and flu, weak nervous system, worry, fear, grief, and anger can cause candida.
Symptoms of Candida
- Chronic low energy, low-grade fevers, variable digestion, poor immune functioning, and food allergies.
- Type 1: Insomnia, lower back pain, dry skin, nervous, restless, light-headedness, ringing ears, depression, gas, bloating, constipation, and variable energy.
- Type 2: Fever, thirst, burning, hyperacidity, and infections.
- Type 3: Phlegm, frequent colds and flu, swollen glands, edema, heaviness, dullness, and excess sleeping.
Therapies / Herbal treatment for candida:
- This condition is treated similarly to parasites. The goal is to destroy the yeast and boost the immune system. This is achieved through restoring digestive and immune strength. Refined sugars, white bread, yeast products, dairy, sweet fruit, raw foods, and cold drinks are avoided.
- Type 1: Antifungal herbs include asafoetida, garlic, ginger, pippali, trikatu, triphala, vidanga, musta. Vidanga and musta are antifungal but deplete the immune system, so they are best used for only 1 or 2 weeks. Digestive herbs include cardamom, cumin, ginger. Immune herbs include brahmi, guduchi, bala, yogaraj guggul, and saffron. Later, shatavari and ashwagandha are taken.
- Type 2: Vidanga and musta are used as antifungal herbs. Digestives include coriander, fennel, and turmeric. Immune herbs include brahmi, guduchi, bala, kaishore guggul, saffron, and neem. Later, shatavari is used.
- Type 3: Vidanga and musta as antifungal herbs: cardamom, ginger, asafoetida, trikatu, and triphala as digestive herbs. Immune-boosting herbs include gokshura, brahmi, guduchi, bala, saffron. Also guggul and neem are used.
- Lyme disease has been helped by type 2 candida therapies and antibacterial herbs. We have found this therapy to be helpful in all lyme disease cases at our center.
© Copyrigh 2019, Love Natural Remedies
Disclaimer - Information available on LoveNaturalRemedies.com is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician / medical professional. Information, statements and Products on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. If you have a constant health state or your symptoms are rigorous, seek advice from a Doctor.